Home | Blog
Ted Trueblood Chapter
Conserving, protecting, and restoring Southwest Idaho's coldwater fisheries and their watersheds.

Message Board

President's Message

Messages posted to thread:

Chris                 13-Jan-09  

Subject: President's Message
Email:
Date: 13-Jan-09

Greetings all! I hope all of you had a safe and enjoyable holiday season. Well, 2009 is here and it looks to be a great year for fishing and for the chapter. 2008 just flew by. I did manage to get some fishing in here and there, and I hope you did as well. And while I fished some exotic locales this past year, right here within spitting distance of Boise is some of the best fishing in the country. That's why we focus our chapter's efforts here, and I hope you will join us for both the fishing and helping us restore and protect some really great places.

2008 was a good year for conservation, and we hope to do even more in 2009. Our focus the past few years has primarily been the Boise River. We planted some cottonwood trees and some willows along the banks near Bown Crossing for Earth Day, and the Alta Harris side channel is coming along nicely. We completed the year's biggest project, a tributary assessment and genetic diversity study of the South Fork of the Boise. Through this study, we hope to learn more about what makes this great fishery tick, and we plan on completing the results of the study sometime early this year.

2009 will be a busy time for the chapter, and we will undoubtedly be asking for volunteers to assist the chapter in many of our upcoming projects. I am also going to make a personal appeal to you to continue your longstanding support of the Idaho Department of Fish and Game. During the 2009 legislative session, Fish and Game will be submitting a proposal for license fee increases, which will result in a fishing license that costs a few dollars more than they do now. I don't want to pay more, and I suspect you don't either. But it is imperative that they have our support, as license fees fund the lion's share of Fish and Game's budget. I am hopeful that you will join me in their efforts to ensure that all of us have many more enjoyable outdoor experiences in the years ahead. Tight lines.

Chris Topmiller President, Ted Trueblood Chapter

Reply to Thread

We will only accept messages with the valid keycode currently displayed to the right of this message.
Keycode:
Subject:  
Email:    

Enter message below (press return after each line)