Home | Blog
Ted Trueblood Chapter
Conserving, protecting, and restoring Southwest Idaho's coldwater fisheries and their watersheds.

Message Board

Grimes Creek 6/6

Messages posted to thread:

20-May-09  

Subject: Grimes Creek 6/6
Email:
Date: 20-May-09

Greetings Friends!

Come see what we have done - this creek is being transformed. Please join me Saturday June 6th, for just a couple hours and we will make short work of one gallon plants and willow plugs. The site is a bombed out section of Grimes Creek in Centerville (seven miles west of Idaho City). It is a peaceful setting though, and you might see river otters, definitely osprey, and who knows what else. Don't let all the mine tailings dissuade you, there is some good habitat here... I have seen sandhill cranes and there is moose too!

I will have a group of scouts working on one section of creek, and one young man will receive his Life Badge organizing his portion of this event! I could really use some more hands for adjacent areas. We have gorgeous red dogwood, valuable cottonwoods, water birch, and alder! Fantastic selection from Buffalo Berry Farms! Also, easy to plant little willow plugs that are sure to spread thickly.. and we have to give the plentiful hungry beaver something to snack on.

Please email me if you can make it. We plan to meet at the Albertsons parking lot on Federal Way and Highway 21 (across from Micron) at 9:00 am.. leaving promptly at 9:30 am. or before if the head count shows all are there.

I'll bring some of the usual - water, cheese sticks and apples to keep us going! Again, please email so I can plan accordingly.

We'll be through before the heat of the day, and you can plan to be back in town by 3:00 easily. I hope you can join us.. hey, we will even have some good topsoil to use - will make things easier!!

Hope to see you once more, I blind cc'd my trusty volunteers so I wouldn't have a long list susceptible to spamming or something... I am not sure how that works.

Thanks for you consideration to volunteer once more!

Pam Elkovich Trout Unlimited cell: 859-7359

Reply to Thread

We will only accept messages with the valid keycode currently displayed to the right of this message.
Keycode:
Subject:  
Email:    

Enter message below (press return after each line)