Home | Blog
Ted Trueblood Chapter
Conserving, protecting, and restoring Southwest Idaho's coldwater fisheries and their watersheds.

Message Board

June 13 S Fk Boise Day

Messages posted to thread:

01-Jun-09  
                      09-Jun-09  
                      16-Jun-09  

Subject: June 13 S Fk Boise Day
Email:
Date: 01-Jun-09

Please join us on Saturday, June 13 for a few hours of clean-up work along the South Fork Boise. There will be plenty of time for fishing afterwards with some seats possibly open in boats or a chance to meet some new fishing partners. June 13 is Trout Unlimited's National Stream Cleanup Day as part of TU's 50th anniversary.

We plan to start at 9AM and meet between 8-9 at the Reclamation Village area across from the Village Boat. Look for signs – Reclamation Village is about 2 miles below the dam. There should be plenty of parking and there are toilet facilities also at the Village ramp. We plan to have prizes for the most trash and strangest item found.

Please RSVP by email or phone to mtoalson@cableone.net or 899-8612 and provide your email and phone if you can make it so we can get a headcount for refreshments and lunch (donation requested). Please wear long pants and shirt, gloves recommended, good footwear. All tools and supplies will be provided by US Forest Service but you are welcome to bring yours also.

Some of the projects we will do:

* Trash Pickup and Fire Ring cleanup * Paint BOR Garage at Reclamation Village * Hand Remove Noxious Weeds * General work around Tailwater ramp * Cut back sagebrush on Cow Creek Access road

If you can't make it, put a grocery bag in your pocket and try to fill it with trash wherever you happen to be on your next fishing outing.

More information will be posted at our website: http://www.SouthForkBoise.org or PM me with questions.

PS: Anyone seen fishing and not volunteering to help is fair game for heckling and having rocks thrown where they are fishing!!

Subject: RE: June 13 S Fk Boise Day
Email:
Date: 09-Jun-09

We've determined the prizes for TU's National Stream Clean-up Day on June 13. For the most volunteers recruited: An 8-foot, 4-weight, Orvis 50th anniversary rod. For the most trash collected: A 5-piece Redington 5-weight travel rod. For the strangest thing found in a clean-up: A Patagonia fishing vest. Good luck on your clean-up project. Please take photos and send them to me so we can post them on tu.org. Also, if you would like me to send out a press advisory for your clean-up project, please send me the completed advisory tomorrow by 2 p.m. so that I can send it out to reporters tomorrow afternoon. Thanks.

Erin Erin Mooney National Press Secretary Trout Unlimited

Subject: RE: June 13 S Fk Boise Day
Email:
Date: 16-Jun-09

Reply to Thread

We will only accept messages with the valid keycode currently displayed to the right of this message.
Keycode:
Subject:  
Email:    

Enter message below (press return after each line)