Home | Blog
Ted Trueblood Chapter
Conserving, protecting, and restoring Southwest Idaho's coldwater fisheries and their watersheds.

Message Board

9.14.16 Meeting

Messages posted to thread:

08-Sep-16  

Subject: 9.14.16 Meeting
Email:
Date: 08-Sep-16

September 14, 2016 TROUT UNLIMITED MEETING

Bryan Huskey is a professional photographer & filmmaker living in Boise, Idaho. Do you remember seeing the short film “Doc of the Drakes” or “Hit 'Em Again Doc”? Both are Bryan Huskey films. He possesses a “genuine gift at telling stories through his work in film and still images.” Bryan owns Fishbitemedia as a commercial photography enterprise here in Boise. Likewise, in 2008 he started the #keepemwet campaign to educate anglers how to better photograph fish and reduce fish mortality. He is an avid angler for steelhead, wild trout and a variety of saltwater species. Bryan will share his images and photography techniques with us to improve our own experiences on the stream.

In his own words: “I never feel like I can get enough time outside, so whenever I get away and my surroundings are striking, I try to save that moment. That way I can relive and share those experiences with others over years to come. With camera phones in every angler's pocket, and a concern for impact on catch and release fish, I founded the hashtag #keepemwet and keepemwet.org to convey best practices for fish handling and photography.

“I'm proud to represent Scott Fly Rods and Fishpond USA and thank them for their support of my work.”

We will be meeting in the Nature Center Auditorium, 600 South Walnut, behind the IDFG Headquarters office in Boise. The main doors will be locked so follow the sign information for the side entrance. A fly tying demo will start at 6:30 p.m. with the regular meeting beginning at 7:30.

Reply to Thread

We will only accept messages with the valid keycode currently displayed to the right of this message.
Keycode:
Subject:  
Email:    

Enter message below (press return after each line)